Friday, February 13, 2009

Installing CUDA 2.0 on Mac OS

I have setup CUDA 2.0 on my MacBook and these are the steps I followed:
1. Download the CUDA driver, toolkit and SDK samples from here: Get CUDA
2. Install the packages. The default location for the SDK is
/Developer/CUDA

3. Update your .profile or .bash_profile with the following lines:
export PATH=/usr/local/cuda/bin:$PATH
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda/lib:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

4. Now the SDK comes with sample projects. If your Mac does not have a CUDA supported GPU, you can build the sample projects using the emulation mode.
cd /Developer/CUDA
make emu=1

All the binaries will be located in the folder
/Developer/CUDA/bin/darwin/emurelease

Have fun with the sample projects. I shall soon post my first CUDA program.

No comments:

Post a Comment